Scrappy quilt - Part IV

January 26, 2012

I picked up my scrappy quilt again a few days ago and decided to try to get moving with it.  The squares have been sitting under my overlocker for the last six months keeping warm!  I sorted out six more colour lots aiming to complete 16 squares in total to make a 4 x 4 square quilt.
Some sewing, ironing, cutting, sewing, ironing, cutting later, I finished three more squares.  The brown one above and these two below...
So now I have 13 squares done and only three left to go!
This is definitely a children's quilt and I have put too much work into it to give it away, so I think it will be a floor quilt for the girls' bedroom.  I'm planning on connecting the squares with white with coloured posts at the intersections.  I think scrappy binding is the only thing that will suit - more work but it will hopefully be worth it in the end!!

The original idea for this quilt was from Aneela at Comfort Stitching - I wonder if she ever got hers finished?!  I'm linking up today with Our creative spaces.

You Might Also Like

10 comments

  1. This looks like t is shaping up nicely - can't wait to see it finished :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks beautiful! Love your new squares too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking good! Can't to see it when it's finished.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hola y gracias por visitar mi blog. Me gusta mucho la colcha que estas haciendo. En febrero sortearé una capucha, anímate a participar.
    Un saludo.
    Susana.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh and aaaah!!! Beautiful squares!!! I love the brown one..... but I also love the pink one..... but then again the green one is just gorgeous..... I can't pick a favourite!
    Looking forward to seeing the finished quilt....
    Carly
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. your scrappy quilt is totally adorable..

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooooh it going to be amazing, very clever!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment - it makes my day☼