The Perennial Dress - Take 1

February 13, 2013


This week my sewing obsession has been trying to perfect this pattern that I have drafted and am hoping to provide as a free pdf file available on my blog. I have made this one for Juliette, am currently in the middle of making the second one for Issie (with some tweaking) and have a third winter version in my head too.  I have called it the Perennial Dress as I am hoping it will be a dress than can be made to be worn for different seasons.  I am hoping (will see later this week when I try version 3) that it will also look great in a soft cord with a contrasting flutter sleeve and pocket and be able to be worn in the winter with long sleeves and tights.



It features shirring detail at the front, fluttered sleeves and currently a zip closure at the back - I am thinking of changing this to a loop and button closure though as there are lots of sewers out there, like me, who don't really like zips!  This version is made from cotton/linen and has sweet vintage (used to be my Grandmother's) orange ric rac around the neckline, sleeves and hem.


Juliette looks pretty happy with it!



All tuckered out after some serious slide action!

Hopefully I might have the pattern ready in a week or so.   It will be available in a few sizes.  This was not on my summer to do list, but once I get an idea I get a bit obsessed until I see it through!!  Does anyone else do that?  So, what do you think of Take 1 of the Perennial Dress?

Linking up with My Creative Space today.

You Might Also Like

12 comments

  1. it's beautiful, i love the butterfly effect of the sleeves and shirring and the colours of this one make me think of all the rik-rak dresses i loved as a littlie in the 70's!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks max. I sent your package off today. Hope you like:)

      Delete
  2. I am SO in love with that orange ric rac!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is so so perfect. It looks like a dress from a Japanese book (that is a serious compliment). I adore and the sleeves, the ric rac and the shirring details. I am not a fan of zippers but would try it for this dress.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahh, how cute your dress is and how cute the model is too! :)

    Thanks for popping by my blog and for taking the time to leave a comment. Lovely to hear from you :)

    S x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment - it makes my day☼