A washi tunic for me

March 24, 2013

This shirt has been sitting, half sewn in my 'to do' bag for the past six weeks and I thought I better get it finished before it gets too cool to wear it.  It is a washi tunic from Made By Rae's pattern.  The fabric has been in my fabric stash for ten years.... yes, ten years!  I bought it when I was visiting a friend in Bali just because I liked it.  It has moved from Bali to Warrnambool to North Fitzroy, Abbotsford, North Fitzroy and Box Hill!  It is soft and feminine and I'm glad I finally found a use for it!
The back has pretty shirring across the centre.  I like it. 

You Might Also Like

14 comments

  1. It looks lovely - it fits really well. It's funny that you've been carting the fabric around for so long. We're about to move house and I'm really looking forward to becoming reacquainted with much of my stash!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is beautiful. I love the fabric and it looks like it fits you very well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's gorgeous! The fabric is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How pretty! What a cute shape it is! :-)
    Carly
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks lovely Suz - seems like you were keeping that fabric for just the perfect project. I've got this pattern printed and ready to use, how did you find the sizing?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Caroline. I am a size 10. The medium size fits me well- I made no adjustments:)

      Delete
  6. you are a very clever lady, what a pretty shirt! i have also been known to hang onto fabric for years..you've inspired me to pull some out and get sewing! mezz

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful! And it fits so well. I also have a half finished washi sitting in my to do pile. Yours is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks gorgeous Suz, it really suits you! Love the story of the fabric too. I'd love to try this pattern but that style is not one that suits me. There is another pattern that has just been released call the Staple Dress which I think I might try - I need to get over my phobia of sewing for myself!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks Suz, that's good to know. I'm more a size 12 so am leaning more towards the large. Just got to get time to make a quick muslin first.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks really nice and comfortable! I love the fabric you chose!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful fabric and fit! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment - it makes my day☼