KCW: Cats meow skirt

October 27, 2013

 
Following on from my theme of being a pinterest inspired kids' clothes week, I made Isabella this 'Cats meow skirt', inspired by this pin...

 
After seeing this image, I knew Isabella would loooooove a skirt like this!! She loves animals and she loves pretending to be an animal - particularly - cats, dogs, rabbits and foxes!! We also have a cat, so making her a cat skirt was sure to be a good idea... 

 
I made the skirt and showed Isabella.  Her eyes lit up and she wanted to put it on before it was finished.  I quickly threaded the elastic through, finished it off and gave her our cat mask and asked would she mind if I took some photos of her in her cat skirt pretending to be a cat....yeah...she thought she could manage that! 
 
 
I used the Oliver + S Sunday brunch skirt pattern and just added ears when sewing the waistband on.  I then hand-stitched the whiskers with 6 strands of embroidery thread and sewed on brown button eyes and a rusty pink button nose (at Isabella' request).  The fabric is a lovely midnight blue velvet which was given to me by a lovely friend.  The pocket lining is a sweet navy and white spot.
 
 
Oh yeah...she loves the skirt!  And I have to admit, Issie looks rather Wonder Womanish with her red boots!!
 
 
 
I know this is one that Isabella will want to wear again and again.  It feels good to sew something they love!

You Might Also Like

20 comments

  1. This would have to be the cutest skirt I've seen yet! My Sunny would adore this! SO creative :)

    Sophie xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mew mew :) Super cute :) I have seen that pin too (could have been one of your pins?) LM is into cats, maybe I should make her a cat skirt too? Love it Suz :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love cats and this skirt is too cute for words!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've got one that is currently cat obsessed- I can imagine this was a big hit! cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it! I've got that pinned and have been wanting to make it for my daughter too, must get started! You've done a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a crack up! She looks like she was having great fun, and who wouldn't really, with such a happy skirt?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ruth! Yeah these photos make me laugh!!

      Delete
  7. This is SO cute, Suz! Love it. I wish Ania would like skirts more, I would love to make one for her. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Brilliant! And I love the cat-like posing!!! :-)
    Carly
    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. So super sweet!
    I just might have to make one, too for the kitty cat loving little girl in my life
    >^..^<

    ReplyDelete
  10. Suz, this is so fun, so sweet! I might just have to copy this for my girls!

    Natalie
    XX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Natalie:) feel free to copy for sure!! I did:))

      Delete
  11. Suz this is super cute! I haven't seen this pin before and now I need to make one too. My girl would flip for it! Fun idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ha! Oh, this cracked me up. You can see how much she LOVES it! And why not, a cat skirt....waaaay cool.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment - it makes my day☼